To fix Nuance Dragon Error 144 can be the great help if it is not working well and showing the same error. Do you need help from professionals to fix the Nuance Dragon error 144? Did you try everything and fail?
You will be relieved to learn that this site will offer assistance in resolving your problems with a few remedies. We are going to discuss steps to fix Nuance Dragon Error 144.
Steps To Fix Nuance Dragon Error 144
Error 144 in Nuance Dragon software typically occurs when there is a problem with the user profile or during the dictation process. To resolve this issue, you could try the following steps:
- Restart the Nuance Dragon software: Close Dragon and any other programs that may be using it. Then, reopen Dragon and see if the error persists.
- Check for software updates: Ensure that you have the latest version of Nuance Dragon on your computer. Check the Nuance website or the software’s update feature to see if any updates are available.
- Disable antivirus software temporarily: Some antivirus programs may interfere with Nuance Dragon’s operation. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and check if the error still occurs. If the error goes away, you may need to configure your antivirus software to exclude Dragon from being scanned or add it as a trusted program.
- Repair the user profile: If the error is specific to a particular user profile, you can try repairing or recreating the profile. Follow these steps:
- Close Nuance Dragon completely.
- Navigate to the Dragon user profile directory. By default, it is located at “C:\Users[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking[VersionNumber]\Users”.
- Find the folder corresponding to the problematic user profile and rename it (e.g., from “ProfileName” to “ProfileName.old”).
- Restart Dragon, and it will recreate the user profile.
- Test if the error still occurs with the newly created profile.
- Run Dragon in compatibility mode: Right-click on the Nuance Dragon shortcut or executable file and select “Properties.” In the Properties window, go to the “Compatibility” tab. Check the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select a previous version of Windows that worked well with Dragon. Click “Apply” and then “OK.” Launch Dragon again and check if the error is resolved.
- Reinstall Nuance Dragon: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Nuance Dragon. Uninstall the software from your computer, restart the system, and then install the latest version of Dragon from the official Nuance website.
Dragon Error 144 can create a big problem in dragon speech software to work smoothly. And here we discussed tips to resolve this issue. We hope it will solve your problem. And if it still exist, contact our experts team, they will help you out the best.