The PowerMic III and PowerMic IV are both handheld microphones designed for use with Dragon speech recognition software. While they share many similarities, there are a few key differences between the two models.
One of the most noticeable differences is the design of the two microphones. The PowerMic III features a built-in trackball mouse, while the PowerMic IV has an integrated touchpad. This touchpad provides a more intuitive and precise control option than the trackball, allowing users to navigate and control their computer more easily.
Another difference is the programmable buttons on the two microphones. While both models include customizable buttons that can be programmed with voice commands, the PowerMic IV has more programmable buttons than the PowerMic III. This provides users with greater flexibility and allows for more efficient use of the microphone.
The PowerMic IV also has Bluetooth compatibility, which allows it to be connected to a computer wirelessly. This provides greater freedom of movement and eliminates the need for a physical connection between the microphone and the computer.
In terms of microphone quality and noise-cancellation technology, both models are similar and provide accurate and reliable speech recognition.
Overall, while both the PowerMic III and PowerMic IV are excellent options for users of Dragon speech recognition software, the PowerMic IV offers a few additional features that may make it a more attractive option for some users, such as the integrated touchpad and increased number of programmable buttons. However, the choice between the two ultimately depends on individual preferences and needs.
Here are the general steps to install and set up the PowerMic IV for use with Dragon speech recognition software:
- Connect the PowerMic IV to your computer using the USB cable provided.
- Once the device is connected, your computer should automatically recognize the microphone and begin installing any necessary drivers. If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
- If you are using Dragon speech recognition software, launch the program and go to the Options menu.
- From the Options menu, select the Audio Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your audio settings, making sure to select the PowerMic IV as your preferred microphone.
- Once your audio settings are configured, you can begin using the PowerMic IV with Dragon speech recognition software.
- To customize the programmable buttons on the PowerMic IV, go to the Options menu in Dragon and select the ‘Hotkeys’ tab.
- From the Hotkeys tab, you can assign custom voice commands to each of the programmable buttons on the PowerMic IV.
- Once your customizations are complete, you can begin using the programmable buttons to perform a wide range of functions, such as opening applications, navigating to specific sections of your software, or inputting frequently used text.
Other Usefull Dragon Products